- Give your home a tropical look and feel
- Available in decorative or hurricane impact rated
- Over 210 colors to choose from
- Beautiful powder coat painted finish
- Fully adjustable shutter angle – completely open to fully closed
- Made with high quality aluminum and stainless steel hardware
- Meets or exceeds FL Building Code HVHZ/non-HVHZ for all regions
- Fully-Tested to A.S.T.M. E1886-E1996 and TAS 201-202-203
- 9-lb Large missile impact resistant
- Installation available in Flagler and Volusia Co. (Please call for details and estimate)
Bahama Shutters (also called Bermuda Shutters) add a tropical feel to your home. They are available in Decorative (Fixed Louver) or Impact-Rated (adjustable Louver) options. Bahama Shutters are mounted with a hinge at the top of an opening and are supported with two adjustable arms on the side. Not only do these shutters look fantastic but they also provide shade in the hot summer months, natural climate control and privacy from neighbors and passersby.
In addition the Impact-Rated Bahama shutter quickly folds down into place and the aluminum adjusting louvers fold flat to form a wind resistant surface for the high winds during a hurricane. Protect your home in style with Bahama Shutters!
Ways to lock down your Bahamas for a hurricane
Front Slide Pins
Inside Slide Pin
Drop Pins Demo #1
Drop Pins Demo #2
The main differences between the two are:
- The hurricane impact-rated bahama shutters have adjustable louvers (slats) while the decorative shutter have fixed pitch louvers (slats).
- The hurricane impact-rated bahama shutters come with additional hardware to be able to “lock closed” the shutter to the opening.
- Impact-rating meets or exceeds Florida Building Code HVHZ/non-HVHZ for all regions
All of our shutters have a powder coated paint finish. This is the best option for long lasting color and resistance to the elements.
If your handy with a drill and a level then you shouldn’t have a problem. On a scale of 1-5, installing our Bahama shutters would be a 3. We recommend at least 2 people to install larger opening sizes.
- Hammer Drill
- Impact Driver
- 1/4 Tapcons
- 3/16 masonry bit
- 5/16 impact hex bit
- Can of compressed air or small air compressor to blow out dust
- Dust mask
- Fine point permanent marker (to mark mounting holes)
- Tape measure
The entire shutter is made with 6063 T-6 aluminum. All the installation hardware provided is made with 300 series stainless steel.
The finished size will be the exact dimensions of the shutter that is sent to you. If you select “rough opening” as an option we will add to your provided the length and width to ensure the shutter will be able to be installed properly. **If you have any questions about measurements please give us a call before ordering at (386-227-6295)**
Current Production Time
Accordions: 3-4 weeks
Bahamas and Colonials: 5-7 weeks
Hurricane Fabric: 1-2 weeks
Rolling Shutters: 4-5 weeks
Aluminum & Clear Panels: 2-3 weeks
Want more info? Don't hesitate to ask. We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have
Thank you for considering Smart Guard Shutters for all your hurricane protection needs. We strive to exceed your expectations and love to receive your feedback. If there’s any area of our service that stood out or ways we can improve please let us know by contacting us. We look forward to working with you and hope you have a safe 2023!