This Agreement covers all equipment installed by Smart Guard Shutters that is outlined in your installation invoice. If we or the manufacturer replace or repair equipment that is under warranty, the replacement equipment will also be covered for the remainder of your original warranty period.
Product Warranty Coverages
Smart Guard Shutters warrants the following products to be free of all defects in material and workmanship for 5 years from the original purchase date. This warranty extends to the original purchaser only.
• T&C6.8 SL Accordion Shutters
• Rolling Shutters
• Colonial Style Shutters
• Bahama Style Shutters
• Motorized Screens (5 year electronics and housing/tracks | 10 year on screen material)
Smart Guard Shutters warrants the following products to be free of all defects in material and workmanship for 10 years from the original purchase date. This warranty extends to the original purchaser only.
• Hurricane Panels including ClearGuard© panels and all mounting hardware
• AstroGuard© Hurricane Fabric including all mounting hardware
Within the period of this warranty, Smart Guard Shutters will repair or replace, free of charge; any part proving defective in material or workmanship. All warranty repairs and service must be performed by an authorized Smart Guard Shutters service technician.
Powder Coating Warranty Coverage
Smart Guard Shutters warrants all powder coated parts against cracking, peeling, or excessive fading due to normal climatic exposure for 12 months from the installation date. This warranty does not cover shutters installed in contact with salt water, chlorine, fertilizer pesticides, industrial chemical agents, sprinkler systems, tree sap or entangled vegetation.
All expenses related to replacing or repairing a defective part under this warranty shall be assumed by Smart Guard Shutters except for the following, which shall be assumed by the purchaser:
This warranty does not apply to any cost, repairs, or services for the following:
1. Neglect in proper routine maintenance and care.
2. Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accidents, tampering or alterations.
3. Corrective work necessitated by repairs made by anyone other than a Smart Guard Shutters authorized service technician.
4. Damage resulting from improper installation by anyone other than a Smart Guard Shutters authorized service technician.
How To Obtain Warranty Service
The purchaser must notify Smart Guard Shutters by calling 386-227-6295 of any defect, malfunction, or nonconformity promptly upon discovery. Upon receipt of call an appointment will be scheduled for an authorized service technician to visit the purchaser’s home for the purpose of repairing or replacing the defective part. Service fee will apply if it is determined that the product is not covered under warranty as outlined in the exclusions.